Sunday, August 14, 2011

Why I am not married

Originally from November 22, 2010

Late yesterday and into the evening I took a look at the transmission Ford Cook gave us and it has thick pink stuff in it, like Pepto Bismol, just not as bright, and whatever it was not bothered at all by Brakeclean. Is it some sort of silicone lubricant? Otherwise it looks line and clean in there, with very little metal on the magnet, and everything seems to work OK on the bench.

The strange pink transmission oil turned out to be Redline Shockproof.

On the way out the door to NAPA to pick up a few things I saw the aftermath of last night's late night build session afresh, and it reminded me of what a friend once said when she say my place when I was in the midst of a similarly inspired project - "Now I know why you are not married."

Oh yea, the fact that the temperature in the kitchen was 17C might be another reason I am not married. I think I am starting to understand what my friend was trying to tell me. If she was here this morning this is what she would have seen.


No comments:

Post a Comment