Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The All Important Decals

Originally from July 13, 2010

While we're finishing work on the mechanicals I'm moving ahead with the theme elements. Seeing as the ALMS Corvettes are our inspiration, we need to find a suitable yellow and most of all, decals!

After looking at many of the photos on the Corvette Racing web site I decided to go with the layout from the 2005 C6.R and the pictures below show what our model is and how we will apply this to our car.

Our model for this project. This photo is from the Corvette Racing web site.
The decal layout we will use on the Tinyvette.

The paint will be Rustoleum Sunburst yellow which we will roller on using the $4 roller kit from NAPA Auto Parts. I’ve heard that roller jobs can look quite good, although I doubt we’ll have the time a patience to apply and sand 5-7 coats.

As for the decal, I have a contact in Florida, Bargain Signs, who has offered to make them for us. I just need to provide the measurements and the vector graphics files. Bob, at Bargain Signs shared a little sign makers secret with me and pointed me to the Brands of the World web site where I could search and most likely find everything we’ll need.

Some decals, such as the IMSA and ALMS decals, we purchased from IMSA and others we go free just by calling Sunoco, Mobile 1, and others, and still others were given to us by local contacts, such as Evil Genius Racing and Brain Doty’s AMSoil dealership.

No comments:

Post a Comment