Saturday, August 13, 2011

Almost Done!

Originally from August 5, 2010

Done, almost.

Decals haven't arrived. We'll have our neighbors keep a look out and I'll drive back to pick them up if they arrive before Saturday.

Some photos, done except the decals and racing it.

“Looks great! Not bad for a roll paint job!
I even like the painted front bumper. Not so crazy about the wing, though I understand why you have it.
Good luck guys!!!! Jim” – JimVonBadden, OpelGT.com forum

“It seems clear to me that whatever the results, you will have the best looking car at the event, though I admit to being somewhat biased......” – CDN Opelnut, OpelGT.com forum

It looks pretty good in bad lights and from 25 feet away. The roller we used left a lot of lint on the car. Oh well. Maybe after the race I'll clean it up. Lots of little dents too. Character flaws.

The wing actually looks pretty good set off against the yellow and with the black roll cage. I want a big black splitter too but I can't get Alan to go along with me, yet.

Oh, and the newspaper is out with our article. I haven't had time to read it yet, but here's a link: mobile.davisenterprise.com

No comments:

Post a Comment