Saturday, August 13, 2011

Finally Yellow

Originally from August 3, 2010

It may shine, but it won't be smooth. We won't have time to do any more dent removal or wet sanding. Yellow paint goes on tonight at 7pm, and a second coat in the morning.

I registered the car with DMV today, so theoretically I can drive it to Monterey for the meet and Concourse d'LeMons. I've wired in the rear lights and I'll need to add front turn signals and a horn. Do I really need a speedo? Anyway, it's looking like I may be able to bring the car to Monterey. Assuming it survives this weekend.

Also, not sure if I mentioned it, but we're getting a write-up in the local paper. The story will be out Thursday or Friday.

“You guys should definitely be proud of your accomplishment. You certainly had me geared up and rooting for ya', and it sounds like you had community support around you.
As far as the speedometer goes, I don't remember you saying that you changed any gearings, so if I remember right(I'm sure I will get corrected if wrong), the tach in second gear will correspond with the speed,(4000 RPM =40mph), and in 4th it will be doubled roughly(4000 rpm= 80mph). It would be ballpark anyway. Good luck and keep us posted of results.” – Ken2, OpelGT.com forum

Later that evening – Rollering a car just feels weird, but it is fun.

How small is this car? Less than one quart of paint covers it. That makes it smaller than a typical bedroom wall, surface area-wise.

Tip - don't paint under lights at night in the carport. Bugs love yellow.



No comments:

Post a Comment